With her previous single 'Final Form' currently on repeat throughout the office, Sampa The Great has now announced her plans to release her highly-anticipated debut album.
The new full-length 'The Return' is being previewed by the new track 'OMG', which was recently premiered on Zane Lowe's Beats 1 radio show, and is set to be released on the 13th September via Ninja Tune.
Speaking about her latest offering, she added, “I personally feel that people on the continent have a duty to our family in the diaspora, to re-teach our culture, language, spirituality, ways and return our peeps to ourselves. To me ‘OMG’ sounds like the songs we heard in our childhood. It’s broadly about flexing your culture! Loving where you’re from and even being shocked at the realisation of not knowing how dope it is to be ‘who you are’.”
Check out the new video for 'OMG' in the player and see the album's full tracklisting below.
'The Return' Tracklist:
1. Mwana (feat. Mwanje Tembo, Theresa Mutale Tembo, Sunburnt Soul Choir)
3. Wake Up (Interlude)
4. Time’s Up (feat. Krown)
5. Grass Is Greener
6. Dare To Fly (feat. Ecca Vandal)
7. Any Day (feat. Whosane)
9. Light It Up (Interlude)
10. Final Form
11. Heaven (feat. Whosane)
12. Diamond In The Ruff (feat. Thando, Krown)
13. Leading Us Home
14. Summer (feat. Steam Down)
15. Brand New (feat. SILENTJAY)
16. Give Love (Interlude)
17. The Return (feat. Thando, Jace XL, Alien, Whosane)
18. Don’t Give Up (feat. Mandarin Dreams)
19. Made Us Better (feat. Blue Lab Beats, Boadi, Lori)